Note that some visualizations with d3.js do not work with IE8 and below. Chrome and Firefox are ok. I haven't tested Safari yet.
This site is primarily about Excel, but more importantly about extending Excel to integrate with all good things out there. I have already covered topics such as Get Data From Google Docs, Mapping and adding markers to maps, Data Driven Mapping applications, From VBA to Google Apps Script, Google Visualization, Excel JSON conversion, Rest to Excel library and many more.
Using d3.js as a framework will open up a whole new opportunity for integrating Excel with modern web based visualizations.
Here is the list of visualizations available. Each solution is part of the cDataSet.xlsm download.
- Generate Sankey Diagrams directly from Excel
- Creating d3.js Tree diagrams
- Excel tables to d3.js Force diagram
- Adding markers to d3.js force diagrams
- Zoomable Partition Charts
- Mashup of scraperwiki and d3
- d3 and parse mashup
- D3 force from GAS Site
- Focus node explorer with d3.js