GeoCoding Master Data get it now
This relates to Data Driven Mapping applications
This parameter block is handled by cDataSet classes and provides a mapping of fields that are required on a Google Map or its visualizations and where to find them in Excel WorkBook.
The complete workbook (googlemapping.xlsm) can be downloaded and the example Parameter WorkSheet is called GeoCodingParameters and is common for all VizMap applications.
- We already have a GeoCoding module, which is capable of using Bing, Yahoo, Ovi and Google so you can use whichever to get the best results rather than restricting it to just Google
- Once coded, you dont need to be re-geocoding a table entry over and over. It's not going anywhere.
- The usual mode of operation for a VizMap application is that a transactions worksheet is matched with a static master worksheet (which already includes the geocoded data)
- Some providers place restrictions are placed on the amount of geoCoding you can do, and with some commercial plans it can increase the cost - so geoCoding should be kept to where it is necessary.
- It is easy to combine vizMap generation with geoCoding if you need it anyway.
As you can see below, only one line of VBA code is needed to apply geocoding before generating the VizMap application. paramName is a string that identifies the name of the parameter worksheet specific to this application.
' geocode the master
' create tabbed/viz/mapped app
If you need to know how geoCoding Works, take a look at GeoCoding