What can you do with this?
- Profile Workbooks
- Profile Code
- Automatic Code Profiler
It’s all about optimisation
This section looks at how to exercise a workbook to identify the calculation speed of every single column, and also covers how to profile Vba code to identify poor performers. This is useful not only for tuning, but also for soak testing (were all code branches executed as often as you expected). This section is about optimizing Excel and VBA. If you are looking for Google Apps Script items on this topic try Optimizing access to sheet values or Apps Script timer collection Optimization
VBA and garbage collection
Profiling and timing
- Introduction to optimization
- Execution Time Logging: A workbook analyzer you can use to see where your spreadsheet is spending its calculation time – minimal VBA knowledge needed
- Simple profiling of your user defined functions: For VBA developers with beginner skills upwards, measuring efficiency of you code.
- Automatically profiling your procedures: For VBA developers with beginner skills upwards, a quickstart to measuring efficiency of you code
- Advanced Profiling: Rogue Use Case Identification: A Procedure Profiler: For VBA developers with intermediate skills upwards, for drilling into code roadblocks
In the meantime why not join our forum, follow the blog or follow me on Twitter to ensure you get updates when they are available.