Filling in the gaps with Mapping APIs
- How to use the most common APIs for GeoCoding (clean up an address and find it’s co-ordinates)
- Comparing various GeoCoding APIS
Try it out first ?
For a quick start, try Step by Step Guides
Note that you will may need to modify the filenames for the output files to some directory that suits you before running. These filenames can be found in the GeoCoding Worksheet and look like this – just change the ‘Code’ Column for filename in each of the parameter blocks you find to something appropriate for your PC.
- Download the Google Maps workbook
- Amend Columns A,B,C in the VenueMaster workbook to your data
- Hit one of the buttons on that page to geocode (with Google, Bing, yahoo , create a KML file or plot the addresses on a map using Google, Yahoo, Bing or OVI.
- Read how it works below. You will normally not need to do any coding – just possible tweak a parameter sheet. For example here is all that is needed to Plot addresses on a google map or a Bing Map, where the argument is the name of a parameter sheet.
Public Sub bingMarkingVizVenues()
Public Sub googleMarkingVizVenues()
- Complete Excel Address Data with Google Mapping API
- Complete Excel Address Data with Bing Maps API
- Complete Excel Address Data with Yahoo Placemaker Maps API