What you need
To be able to change the icons Google Maps uses for markers on a map created according to How to put markers on maps
All Mapping activities, are controlled by 2 parameter sheets. One is general, and tells the procedures how to deal with the data returned from the various mapping providers (geoCodingParameters worksheet) and the other is specific to particular sets of data or desired results (in this case ‘step by step parameters’)
- Go to the step by Step MasterTab. This is where you enter the data to be placed on a map . You’ll find some example data that looks like this. The columns in Yellow were already completed in How to Geocode addresses using Google Maps, the latitude and longtitude would already have been calculated, and the orange columns were already completed in How to put markers on maps. The green column was completed in How to filter markers by Category Now you need to provide data in the blue column. Here you will be providing an icon to use in place of the default google Maps Icon. You can have as many of these are you want, and blank means to use the default icon. If this column is missing then the default icon is used for all markers.
- Hit the markers button and the plotted map will have different markers according to your choices
No more steps. That’s all there is to it.
What just happened ?
In the meantime why not join our forum, follow the blog or follow me on twitter to ensure you get updates when they are available.More Step by Step Guides
- How to add flightPaths on a Map
- How to add quickLinks to a Map
- How to control your vizMap application
- How to define your vizMap application – Dictionary
- How to define your vizMap Application – visualizations
- How to filter markers by Category
- How to Geocode addresses using Google Maps
- How to modify geocoding and mapping parameters
- How to Overlay circles on a Map
- How to prepare for your vizMap application – Data
- How to prepare for your VizMap application – Parameters
- How to put markers on maps